Hip hip! Shohoku, berusahalah!
Some tips for meself (to be added over time):
- Check surrounding before changing lanes. Double-check both sides. Triple-check the blind spots!
- Make it a habit to signal before changing lanes or making turns. Even if no one else is around!
- Don't do crazy cornering! Hehehe. This is super hard as I used to (and still) think that it's so not cool to brake while taking corners =P
- Avoid sudden braking. Not good for the passengers. The driver of course-lah know when he/she brakes, but not the passengers.
- Avoid cucuk-cucuk. Sangat susah juge. Sometimes I consider cucuk-cucuk as part of the ICE (in-car-entertainment). Hehehe.
- Obey the speed limit. Very hard to do when no one else is around, and even harder to do on the highway!
- Be patient! Mengucap & istighfar banyak-banyak!
- Give more ways to motorbikers! If something were to happen to them, you're the one who will be blamed in most cases...
- Take time to park properly
- Make sure you know which way you're going. It helps you to focus on the driving instead of the direction. It can also avoid last minute lane-changing!
- Don't forget to switch on the headlights when driving at night. Yes, the streets of KL are super bright, but it's not a question of whether you can see your way or not. It's more important to ask whether other drivers can see you or not.
- Try not to run the red lights - even in the early mornings where you feel stupid waiting for the invisible cars from other directions to move... Super hard to do. LOL. I go to work before 6 in the morning, so the volume of traffic is very very low. That's why I do run some of the red lights. Gotta stop doing that huh?
Hmmm. Feel free to add =)